UPDATED September 28, 2023
If you are interested in a puppy please fill out our questionnaire so we know a little about your family and dog experience. This will help us to match you with the right puppy for your family and to answer questions you have about the breed.
Our Fall puppies have arrived! We have puppies available.
Connect with us on Facebook! Kayobishiba
Alaskan Klee Kai are similar in size to the Shiba Inu. They are a UKC recognized breed, not a mixed breed. They are very social with other dogs. They bond closely to their owners and require socialization as they can be very standoffish with strangers.
We are breeding CH Takukat to our red girl Tsuki. Puppies due November 2023. Red and Black & Tan puppies expected.
We are currently taking deposits to reserve a puppy from one of these litters. Deposit information is on our questionnaire.
BEFORE YOU BUY!
If you are looking for a purebred Shiba puppy there are some things you should ask the breeder before you buy. When we have asked people what is most important in a puppy the answer is usually HEALTH and TEMPERAMENT!
1. Does the breeder health test their breeding stock for common health problems in the breed. OFA on hips, eyes and patellas. This is not a 100% guarantee but it is much less likely that your puppy will have these problems that are COMMON in Shibas! Any ethical breeder will be able to provide the clearance # from OFA. We belong to many FB Groups and talk to many Shiba owners and there are a lot of Shibas requiring surgery to fix patellas or remove eyes.
2. Does the breeder show their dogs? I get that most people do not want a show dog, so why is this important? A show dog must be confident, able to have strangers examine him and be able to perform as trained in stressful situations. I have seen many inquiries from people frustrated because their dog is nervous, extremely shy around new people and fearful of normal household activities. This personality is inherited!
3. Can I visit your Shibas. While it is normal for breeders to not allow visitors see newborn puppies, you should be able to visit and see their other dogs. A puppy mill will never let you see their adults. They are fearful of strangers and many of these places have a lot of other breeds and mixes. Puppy mills will meet you off site so you can't see the puppies and how they behave in a familiar setting.
4. Are the parents AKC registered? Again, many people do not care to register their dog so why does this matter to you? AKC has standards of care and will inspect your kennel. Many breeders could not pass AKC inspections for basic cleanliness and care so they made up their own registries, ACA, APRI and CKC. With some of these registries you send in a photo and they will send you a registration paper! No proof that the dog is even purebred. I would NEVER recommend buying a puppy from any breeder using these alternate registries. Often it goes hand in hand with no health testing by OFA and many times these dogs are even mixed with other breeds to create "rare" colors such as pinto's.
If the breeder passes these tests you have a much better chance of getting a healthy puppy with a great personality.
He is very friendly and crate trained. He is over 15"
His adoption fee is $350 to cover his neuter and vaccination update.
We still have a few boys that have not been reserved.
A cream male born September 9th and two black & tan males born September 27th
You are welcome to come to our home to visit when puppies are available. We do not allow visitors for unvaccinated puppies. Please e-mail for an appointment. Times that work best are usually between 9:00 am-3:00 pm If your plans change or you cannot make it at the scheduled time please call and let us know.
Please e-mail email@example.com for more information about adopting one of our puppies.
All photos are property of Kayobi Shibas and are not to be used or published on another site without written permission.
- What Your Puppy Comes With.
- Health Record, Current Vaccinations & Worming
- Health Guarantee Hips, patellas, heart, eyes included
- Temperament Guarantee
- AKC or UKC three generation pedigree
- House training started.
- Puppy Information, Training, schedule etc...
- Puppy Pack:Collar, Chewies, Toy, Blanket with mom's scent
- Lifetime Support
Contact Information e-mail is preferred, if you do not hear back from us within 48 hours please re-send.
If you do not see what you are looking for please go to www.shibas.org and check their breeder referral list. You may contact people in your area from that list and they will be able to let you know of other reputable breeders in the area.
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND EARLY SPAY OR NEUTER FOR YOUR SHIBA!
Our vet will NOT do this procedure due to unnecessary health risks. I have seen several dogs that I have sold who have been neutered before 12 weeks of age and they look significantly different from other Shibas in their litter. It has been known to cause an increase in orthopedic problems such as hip dysplaysia and patellar luxation, as well as incontinence issues!